One of a woman’s greatest strength is her capacity to love. She experiences varying types of love in her lifetime. No love is the same as the other, yet it does not mean one is lesser than the other. Her heart allows her to love a partner as fiercely as she would protect her child. Her love is unlimited, and so are the stories that can be told about it. That is what we would like to delve into this women’s short story anthology.
The Love that Shapes a Woman
We are looking for short stories that explore the woman’s point of view on love and how it changes her. It could be about love for family, for work, for a pet, for her children, etc. Talk about the love that shapes a woman. Talk about the love that shaped YOU. You are free to explore, express, and interpret the theme in your own way. After all, love is love in its unique way.
If you’re a female writer, regardless of nationality and ethnicity,
we would love to read your work.
- Submission period: March 15 to May 15, 2021 EDIT: Submission is extended until May 31, 2021.
- Word count: from 3,000 words minimum to a maximum of 5,000 words
- We accept only previously unpublished works. Previously published includes blogs, personal websites, social media, etc.
- We allow simultaneous submissions. If your work was accepted elsewhere, please email email@example.com to withdraw your work.
- We also consider all entries for publication on LitArt Hub.
- You can submit multiple entries, but we will include only one story in the anthology.
- We do not accept anonymous submissions.
- Send your work via the form. Entries should be in .doc or .docx format using the file name syntax: SS_LastName_ShortTitle. Entries sent via email will not be considered.
- Letter size, 1-inch margin on all sides
- Times New Roman, 12pt, double-spaced with first line indented (use tab not spacebar)
- No highlighted text. No caps lock. You can use bold and italics to emphasize words.
- English only please. We tolerate usage of words and terminologies that do not have direct English translation.
- If you use words or terms that do not have direct English translation or of made-up language, include a glossary.
- We will choose ten (10) stories to be included in the anthology which will be released in print and digital.
- Writers of chosen entries will receive PHP1,000 and a free print copy of the book.
- All entrants will receive a certificate of participation.
Want tips? Although we like powerful women characters, we don’t like cliche. We adore stories with strong character development. Feel free to mix other genre into your story, just stay away from gore, porn, sexist, and racist themes.